KwanzaaFest Beat Obesity 5K Walk/Run General Information
Sponsored by Methodist Health Systems
Saturday, December 14, 2019
Packet Pick-Up Only: Automobile Building – Fair Park
4:00 pm – 7:30 pm
(No team registration will be permitted after Tuesday, December 10, 2019)
|Aerobic warm-up and stretching exercises with fitness experts||6:45 am|
|Pre-event Ceremonies||7:50 am|
|5K Walk and Run||8:00 am|
|Post Race Party||8:30 am|
|Distribution of Individual & Team Prizes||9:00 am|
Arrive EARLY. Parking areas will be congested. (NOTE: Parking will be $8.00 – $10.00)
- Walk and run will begin in front of the Automobile Building – Fair Park
- Line up at start according to speed: fastest runners up front, slowest to rear.
- Walkers should start at the back of the crowd
- Food and water will be available at the finish line
- Medical tent, medical personnel will be available at finish line
- 1st place Prizes for the fastest finishers in the 5K Walk/Run event (for defined age categories)
- Last but not least, the beginning of healthier lifestyles habits!
Individual awards to top overall male & female participants, and to the first male & female participants in each of these age groups for the 5K Walk/Run.
- 9 & Under
- 70 and Above
Bib Chip Timing
Bib chip timing will be used for the 5K Walk/Run event. You must wear your race number on the front of your shirt of jacket visibly to be timed and eligible for awards. Age group awards will be determined by bib/chip time.
The three teams with the largest number of team members on event day will receive individual prizes for all team members. Prizes will be distributed after the 5K Walk/Run event.
For additional information about this event, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: KwanzaaFest volunteers are unable to supervise children while parents/guardians participate in the run/walk the 5K event. Please make plans to secure supervision for your child(ren) during the walk/run events.