KwanzaaFest Beat Obesity 5K Walk/Run Registration
Sponsored by Methodist Health Systems
KwanzaaFest 2019 5K Walk/Run Registration and Packet Pickup
|Date/Time||Saturday, December 14, 2019 8:00 am|
|Location||Automobile Building – Fair Park|
|Online Registration Closes||Team Challenge – Tuesday, December 10, 2019 11:59 pm |
Individual – Wednesday, December 11, 2019 11:59 pm
|Packet Pick-Up||Friday, December 13, 2019 4:00 pm – 7:30 pm and |
Saturday, December 14, 2019 6:30 am – 7:45 am
Packet pick-up will be located near the
Automobile Building, located in Fair Park.
|Parking||Fair Park parking lot (Parking will be $8.00 – $10.00)|
Now is the time to lace up your walking and running shoes to start training! Unsure about how to get started? Just ask our Race Director and Resident Expert (Author and Fitness Coach), Bridgette L. Collins, http://www.bridgettecollins.com/. Get ready to join us for another fun event that combines walking and running with faith, family, friends, and fitness that makes a difference.
On event day, you will warm up prior to the 5K (3.1 miles) with local fitness experts. And, at the conclusion of your 5K walk and/or run, you will enjoy an energy boosting post-5K snack. And last, but definitely not least, you will be onsite just in time for the kick-off of HealthFest which features a multitude of health vendors providing an array of FREE health screenings.
Each registered participant and finisher will receive the following:
- T-shirt and goodie bag
NOTE: There will be a limited number of T-shirts available (approximately 600). Event T-shirts are available in Youth sizes Small and Medium as well as Adult sizes Small, Medium, Large, X-Large, XX-Large, and XXX-Large. T-shirts are first-come, first-serve. T-shirt sizes cannot be guaranteed as Race Day approaches. Participants will not be able to pick up T-shirts for other participants who are not present at the time of the packet pick-up. Team captains will not be able to pick-up T-shirts for their team members due to the limited availability.
- Water along the course
- Food and water at the finish lines
- 1st place prizes for the first male and female finishers in the 5K Walk/Run event (for defined age categories)
- Last but not least, the beginning of healthier lifestyles habits!
Bib Chip Timing
Bib chip timing will be used for the 5K Walk/Run event. You must wear your race number on the front of your shirt of jacket visibly to be timed and eligible for awards. Age group awards will be determined by bib/chip time.
- All entries will be confirmed by email. You must register to participate!
- You must be able to complete the 5K Walk/Run in 2 hours.
- You must be at least 18 years old. Kids under 18 must be registered by a parent or guardian.
You must be in good health and physically prepared to undertake the challenges of a 5K walk/run.
- Family and friends are not permitted to pick up your packet. No exceptions! You must show photo I.D. to pick up your packet on Friday, December 13, 2019 4:00 pm – 7:30 pm and Saturday, December 14, 2019 6:30 am – 7:45 am
- Sorry, no skateboards, bikes, animals or inline skates will be allowed on the course.
NOTE: KwanzaaFest volunteers are unable to supervise children while parents/guardians participate in the run/walk the 5K event. Please make plans to secure supervision for your child(ren) during the walk/run events.